Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Why is it okay to hate Christians?

I don't believe in Jesus, and I believe in reproductive choice, but this I don't understand:
Tebow's devotion to faith divides Broncos fans

Michelle Olson calls herself the anti-Tebow.

She is a diehard Broncos fan but has no love in her heart for its limelight-stealing sensation, rookie quarterback and evangelical everyman Tim Tebow.

"He's a big distraction and has done nothing to prove he's NFL material," the 25-year-old Fort Collins woman said Tuesday morning at Broncos training camp in Dove Valley.

It's Tebow's eagerness to share his Christian values and beliefs that really irks her.

"That's why I hate him," she said.
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_15671823

If she thought, "He's Muslim (or Jewish or Hindu or Mormon or whatever), that's why I hate him", this woman would probably be embarrassed to say it, and if she said it, she'd be drummed out of polite society.

But, for some reason, it's permissible to say, "He's Christian, that's why I hate him."

Our society is going insane.

No comments: