Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I was NOT an Obama supporter . . .

I was not an Obama supporter, but I'm a Democrat.

I couldn't support Obama, so I stepped away.

I didn't lurk on any Democratic sites. I didn't troll. I didn't snark, or make a nuisance of myself.

Old Thom Paine said, "Lead, follow, or get out of the way."

So, I got out of the way, and did my own thing.

Now that the election is over, I'm back. As a Democrat.

Not to claim a share in any victory to which I made no contribution.

I'm not entitled to any share in any such victory.

But, I'm here to contribute to the discussion as a Democrat of decidedly conservative leanings.

I hope that's acceptable, to both Democrats of all stripes and conservatives of all parties.

3 comments:

JamesR said...

Some lovely and kind person, you know, your typical liberal, named Aimai on your old site doesn't like you being a right wing Democrat, Barry.

I think you're about to be thrown out of the Jewish Faith if he has his way. You and the other one-third or so of the Jewish faith who are similarly misguided and should be shunned, if not actually stoned to death.

You may as well go ahead and accept Jesus, Barry. Because Aimai doesn't want your hateful kind polluting his Temple anymore.

See, having any sort of conservative political leanings makes you, by definition, a racist, bigot, greed-filled, uncompassionate,neocon, capitalist pig.

But remember, they are the open-minded, kind, compassionate, big tent, love everyone party.

Try to keep it straight.

FarRightDemocrat said...

LOL - - fortunately, Jim, under our system, you can take back your party if enough people want to.
If the 'fins can get to .500 . . .

JamesR said...

You said it Barry!

I predicted a 4-12 or a 5-11 season and we're already there. And now we're looking at what....9-7?

Barry, if you can bring back the Harry Truman, Scoop Jackson, JFK outlook to your party, I'll switch and become a Dem. But I think your party is unfortunately going, at a breakneck pace, in the opposite direction.