Thursday, January 28, 2010

The State of Healthcare

Obama on healthcare last night:

Consider this: In 2009, he had thundered, "Let there be no doubt: Health care reform cannot wait, it must not wait, and it will not wait another year."

In 2010, he didn't even raise the topic until he had been speaking for more than a half-hour, then in effect called for everyone to wait before resuming work on the health care bill his administration has been pushing.

"This is a complex issue, and the longer it was debated, the more skeptical people became," he said. "I take my share of the blame for not explaining it more clearly to the American people."
http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2010-01-27-state-of-union-analysis_N.htm

"I take my share of the blame for not explaining it more clearly to the American people"? He really thinks the public is stupid, and the only problem with his healthcare proposals is that we didn't understand them.

Obama appears to be incapable of acknowledging personal fault or shortcomings, beyond his phony, "I guess I'm too smart for you, so in the future I'll talk more simply."

No comments: