Sunday, October 24, 2010

More evidence of "Islamophobia"?

Hosam "Sam" Smadi, 20, was sentenced to 24 years in prison Tuesday, after apologizing in federal court for plotting to blow up a Dallas skyscraper last year.

"Your honor, I'm ashamed of what I did," the Jordanian told U.S. District Judge Barbara M.G. Lynn. "I'm very sorry for my actions. ... I could not have lived with myself if I had hurt anyone."

Smadi was arrested on Sept. 24, 2009, by federal agents who said he had parked what he thought was a car bomb in a garage under the 60-story Fountain Place skyscraper in downtown Dallas.

Once a safe distance away, Smadi dialed a cellphone that he thought would detonate the explosive device, federal officials said. The bomb -- which had been provided to him by undercover FBI agents posing as an al Qaeda sleeper cell -- was inert.

http://www.star-telegram.com/2010/10/19/2558642/psychologist-for-government-says.html
Of course, according to the mainstream media, the problem is American "Islamophobia". And, for some reason, they believe news analysts should be fired if they point out the national origin or religion of wannabe terrorists.

I always thought the job of news outlets was to report all the facts, unvarnished, unglossed, and unspun.

No comments: