Iran's "provocative" plan to sail two warships through the Suez Canal into the Mediterranean have been canceled, an Egyptian official said.http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/asia/110217/iran-suez-canal-israel-warships-egypt
The unnamed official was widely reported Thursday as saying the plans had been withdrawn, without giving a reason. He said the ships — a frigate and a supply vessel — were near the Saudi Red Sea port of Jeddah.
Oil prices had spiked Wednesday on news of a potential crossing.
Israel had reacted angrily to the plans, with Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman painting them as challenge to the West and warning that Jerusalem could not "forever ignore these provocations."
Iran threatened to send its (nuclear armed?) Navy through the Suez Canal and start patrolling the Mediterranean shores of Western Europe.
Only Israel stood up to Iran.
Iran backed down.
Of course, no one in Europe will ever acknowledge that they were saved by Israel.